Thursday, April 10, 2008

NEW Ribbon Storage!

I love Ribbon Ring!!!! I previously stored my ribbon on chipboard cards within baskets. I liked the way looked, it was nice and tidy. But the baskets were packed tight making it hard to get the cards in and out and I was always sticking myself with the pins that help the ribbons on the cards. So, when I saw someone post this picture of the Ribbon Ring system on Scrapbook.com, I thought I would order it and give it a try. Well, I love it!!! I added some hooks to the inside of the closet door in my studio and now I just open the door and all this ribbon is right there! It is so accessible. It did take a couple of evenings to get it assembled, but it should be easy to maintain it now. I organized by color this time and it looks so pretty! (It was organized by manufacturer when I had in on wrapped on cards)

Also, I found some little labels at the office supply store that fit perfectly on the Ribbon Ring tags. I used these to add the manufacture name to each tag. Getting all of the labels printed and attached took less than an hour - it was totally worth it! And I printed some extras labels of each brand so I wouldn't have to print a just a few labels each time I get a couple pieces of new ribbon.

Anyway, so that's it, and it's kind of insane how happy this new ribbon storage makes me, but if you are in or have been in that crazy obsessive organization mode, you know exactly what I'm talking about. :)

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

What a great way to store your ribbon. BTW, I love your flower storage too.