Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Paper Flowers...

I hope everyone enjoyed last weekend and had a great NSD! I had a nice weekend, the weather was nice here and a friend was in town, so not too much time on-line on Saturday, but I did get a few cards done, I'll post them later. Today I want to tell you about my new position on the Creative Team at scrapbookgraphics.com. My primary focus on the team is hybrid projects, and the first Tuesday of each month I will be posting a cool new hybrid project in the Mix It Up column on their blog - Studio Matters. Today was my first post!

With Mother's Day right around the corner, I wanted to focus my hybrid project on flowers. So, I created some custom designed flowers using my digital scrapbooking papers and elements. I printed digital papers onto trace paper and cut my petals from that. The trace paper worked well with the printer inks and is thin enough to easily fold and twist into shapes and the translucent quality of the paper adds a very nice look to the flowers. By printing your own patterns, you can make the flowers whatever color or pattern you want, you essentially can have made-to-order flowers for your scrapbook pages, cards, gifts, bouquets, whatever! I think that is so cool! And I really didn't embellish these much, but you can add buttons, glitter, inks, stamps... it's really endless. Anyway, here are some photos of the finished flowers and I have a very long post at scrapbookgraphics.com that has instructions and lots of photos showing how to prepare the trace paper for printing and how to assemble the flowers.

Products Used: Digital Papers: Frivolous Sunday Love Collection by Doris Castle at scrapbookgraphics.com; Trace Paper: Strathmore; Flower Stamens: Impress; Floral Wire; Floral Tape.

Products Used: Digital Papers: Home Sweet Home Kit from Baers Garten at scrapbookgraphics.com; Digital Elements: Late Summer Afternoon Kit from Baers Garten at scrapbookgraphics.com; Trace Paper: Strathmore; Felt Circles; Floral Wire; Floral Tape.

Products Used: Digital Papers: Birthday Surprise from Doris Castle, Mr. and Mrs. Fall Kit from Baers Garten (both kits at scrapbookgraphics.com); Digital Elements: Late Summer Afternoon Kit from Baers Garten at scrapbookgraphics.com; Trace Paper: Strathmore; Felt Circles; Floral Wire; Floral Tape.

Products Used: Digital Papers: Late Summer Afternoon Kit from from Baers Garten at scrapbookgraphics.com; Trace Paper: Strathmore; Felt Circles; Floral Wire; Floral Tape.

Thanks for stopping by today, be back tomorrow with some cards and a layout! - Patty

No comments: