Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!!

Hope you have a fun weekend planned! It's looking to be a beautiful day here in DC so I don't plan on spending all of my time in the house and I do have a bridal shower to attend, but I do want to make time to check out some of the fun on-line scrappy related activities today. Tattered Angels has some fun things planned for NSD as well as the whole month of May, you can read more about it on Liz's blog here. And of course scrapbook.com and Two Peas always have a lot of activities planned for this weekend. So, I hope you have some paper crafting fun today!

And speaking of Tattered Angels, I have a bunch of projects to show you. In April the TA design team linked up with Prima and one of the things I got to work with was Donna Downy’s canvas apron.


The apron was a lot of fun to alter. I made a little flower garden on it. I sprayed the apron with green and blue glimmer mists (Meadow Green, Key Lime Pie, Sweet Clover, Olive Vine, Water Slide, and Frost). Then I stamped the swirls (Fanciful Glimmer Screens) and stems (Donna Downy foam stamp) using manila colored acrylic paint. With double-sided tape, I attached two layers of trim along the top edge of the ruffle. Then I added some felt flowers and embellishments. The felt flowers with the stitching are from Prima, I’ve had them for a little while, I think they are called Loft flowers.

My next project is a miss you card, I love the fresh color palette on this one.


I made the background diamond pattern by using a Prima felt mattie as a stencil. While the felt mattie was in place, I sprayed the green glimmer mists (Sweet Clover, Meadow Green, Key Lime Pie) and after the stencil was removed I sprayed yellow glimmer mist (Lemongrass) over the entire sheet. The swirl (Regal Classic Accents) was stamped in dark red chalk ink. I layered a calling card (Timeless Romance Calling Cards), a postcard glimmer chip (Tattered Traveler Embossed Chips), and some flowers that I cut from patterned paper (Prima's Strawberry Kisses). The gem flower centers are from Prima as well. The photo corner is glimmer chip from the Regal Collection sprayed with dark red glimmer mist (Indian Corn). I added the sentiment with letter rub-ons.

The last project I have from April is a graduation card. The card background is coated with silver glimmer mist (Silver Sugar). The tag (Tattered Tags - Frames and Flourishes) was sprayed with yellow glimmer mists (Lemongrass and Sunflower). Then I painted some accents on the tag with brown glimmer glaze (Cowboy). Once that was all dry, I added a coat of gold glimmer glam (Golden Goddess) on about half of the tag. I embellished the tag with some chipboard (Rockin' Royalty Foil Chips), some crystal gems, ribbon, felt (Prima) and lace (Prima).


And I realized is I never posted my March Tattered Angels projects here. In March we worked with Fancy Pants. I received their Little Sprout Collection. Even though it's a baby themed collection, it's got versatility and can be used for much more than that.

I used it to make a page about how much my dog, Winston, loved his toys. I sprayed Sweet Clover and Meadow Green GM on the background papers to add a little more contrast along the edge where the background paper and the other patterned papers meet. I made the circle you see behind the word 'toys" by trimming away part of the chipboard frame from the Pocket Watch Framed Fonts Set. I misted it with Oriental Poppy and then added chipboard letters from the Postage Stamps Framed Fonts Set. The little white dots are liquid applique. I love heating that stuff up and watching it expand. :)


And I made this cute card using my favorite sheet of patterned paper in the collection - the red polka dot paper - it's a fabulous shade of red. I sprayed all of the chipboard elements with Lemongrass GM and added liquid applique embellishments. The ribbon was white; I sprayed it with Key Lime Pie GM. The chipboard letters are from the Butterfly Framed Fonts Set. I sprayed them Oriental Poppy GM and then coated them with glitter.


Here is an idea for some quick little treat packages. A friend of mine gave me a tablet that was full of pre-cut boxes. You just punch them out, fold them up and add a little glue and voila! - You have a little box. They were made by Marcella by K, which I think you can buy at Target. And there are lots of places on the web where you can get templates for making little boxes. Anyway, after I punched them out, I sprayed them with Vintage Pink, Hula Hoop and Lemongrass GM. After they were completely dry, I assembled them, and added a few embellishments. The ribbon was white; I sprayed it with the same GM colors that I used on the boxes.

 
Ok - so I'm all caught up here with my Tattered Angels projects. Tomorrow I will have some Marks Paper Company projects to show you.  Enjoy the day and thanks for stopping by here.  Patty

No comments: