Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Some hybrid projects...

First here is a set of gift boxes perfect for Mother's Day. A friend of mine gave me a tablet of pre-cut boxes - the kind you just punch out and assemble. If you've been watching my blog, you know that I've previously shown these boxes altered a couple different ways for use as Easter treat boxes. But I really like making them and I wanted to make some that were more suited for Mother's Day. As it turns out, this set is definitely my favorite of the ones I've made so far. I used the Creative Fusion Collection - About a Mother at Scrapbook Graphics, specifically I used the paper and elements designed by Rosey Posey for the Collection. The boxes originally come plain white with some embossing. I add the patterns to the boxes by running the sheets through the printer before I punch out and assemble them. Additionally, I sprayed the back of the butterfly and flower cut-outs with Sweet Clover Gimmer Mist.
Digital Products: Metamorphosis Elements and Metamorphosis Papers By Rosey Posey. Physical Products: Boxes: Marcella by K; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels; Pearls: Mark Richards.

There is a lot of new word art showing up in the Scrapbook Graphics store, thanks to their newest designer, Bethany Hardy. Bethany's word art covers a really wide range of topics and she has an “attitude” series that is really funny – with sayings like ”I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.” I think it would really funny to use something from the attitude series on cards, but for today, I'm sticking to some nice sentiments about friendship and love. :)

For most of the graphics on the cards, I used kits from Tangie Baxter’s Art Journal Caravan. These kits are perfect for cards, they are sort of mini-kits with about 25 elements in each. A nice amount of stuff so you have some  options, but not enough stuff to overwhelm you with choices when you are making something small, like a card.  I assembled all the cards in Adobe Photoshop, printed them onto white cardstock and then added some additional layering and embellishments.

Digital Products: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel 05} by Tangie; Make Merry collab by Tangie with Sherriejd; Life Wordart by Bethany Hardy.    Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Gems: Doodlebug.

Digital Products: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel 02} by Tangie; Inspirational Wordart 3 by Bethany Hardy.   Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Gems: MAMBI.


 
Digital Products: Junque Journal Collab by Tangie w/ SherrieJD; Brackets Friends WordArt Pack by Bethany Hardy.    Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Gems: Prima, Recollections.
 
Digital Products: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel 13} by Tangie; Brackets Friends WordArt Pack by Bethany Hardy.    Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Ribbon: Michael’s.

Digital Products: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel 07} by Tangie; Friend Wordart Pack by Bethany Hardy.     Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Ribbon: Offray; Leave Pins: Maya Road; Dimensional Pearl Paint: Ranger.

Digital Products: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel 11} by Tangie; Friends Mini Wordart by Bethany Hardy.      Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Gems: MAMBI; Glitter: Ranger.

Digital Products: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel 06} by Tangie; Friends 5 WordArt by Bethany Hardy; Dreams In Colour 2.0 Yellow By Mgl.      Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Ribbon: Offray; Dimensional Pearl Paint: Ranger.

Digital Products: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel 06} by Tangie; Love 3 WordArt Pack by Bethany Hardy.      Physical Products: Cardstock: Bazzill; Ribbon: May Arts; Liquid Applique: Marvy
 
Wow, this has been a lot of posting for me today. I need to be better about not letting the project pile up here :)   Thanks for stopping by today!  Patty

No comments: