Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fabulous glimmered fabric…

I had so much fun painting and spraying fabric for March's blog projects over at the Tattered Angels blog. I made a little variety of things. First, I got a jump start on Easter by making a little basket for colored eggs. The wire basket was recycled from the Christmas gift I got from my sister, Jan. I selected the floral ribbon to use along the top of the basket. Then I sprayed wide fabric ribbon with coordinating glimmer mists (Vintage Pink, Pink Bubblegum, Flower Power, Tiger Lily, Sun Sisters, Lemon Grass, Olive Vine, Key Lime Pie, Black Cherry and Pomegranate). After the strips were dry, I wove them through the wires on the basket. Now, I’m looking forward to seeing some pretty eggs in there!


Next, I painted a printed scarf with Glimmer Glam (Golden Goddess, Chandelier, Organic Garden and Blue Suede Shoes) to add some glittery glimmery goodness. I just laid the scarf on top of a paper towel and then painted over the flower and leaves with the Glimmer Glam. You can see some of it in the photos, but it’s even prettier in person.



My last project is an altered headband. This started out as a plain off-white fabric covered headband. I sprayed it with Decadence Chalk Glimmer Mist and then painted over that with Organic Garden Glimmer Glam. I added a little Chandelier Glimmer Glam around the centers of each flower so they had some sparkle to match the headband.


Thanks for stooping by!  Patty

No comments: